Students from Pre Primary to Year 6 participate in one hour of Physical Education each week, conducted by our specialist Physical Education Teacher. Year 1 and 2 participate in a one hour sports program each week and the Year 3 to 6 students are also involved in a senior sport program for one hour each week.
Sport activities and swimming lessons are a regular part of a child’s balanced educational program and all of our students are expected to participate.
Our Physical Education Program Pre Primary to Year 2 Physical Education focuses on developing fundamental movement skills. These skills include:
- Body Management skills including balance, stopping, landing, turning, stretching and dodging.
- Locomotion skills such as walking, running, leaping, jumping, hopping and skipping.
- Object control skills such as throwing, catching, bouncing, striking, rolling and kicking.
- Introduction to game play Year 3 to Year 6 Physical Education focuses on utilising skills learnt in the early years in modified game situations.
On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Year 1-6 take part in organised morning fitness activities that include sustained running, aerobics, tag games, relays and obstacle courses.
Other Physical Education activities include:
- Inter School and Inter Faction Swimming Carnivals held during Term 1.
- Inter School and Inter Faction Cross Country runs held during Term 2.
- Inter School and Inter Faction Athletic Carnivals held during Term 3 and 4
- Inter School Team Sports held throughout the year in a variety of sports.
- Interm Swimming is organised annually and caters for children in Years 1-6.
On enrolment, students are placed in one of four faction groups. Siblings are allocated to the same faction.
Our factions are Red, Green, Blue and Gold.